I noticed while looking through the SoulSplit 500+ release thread that a lot of people had some trouble with the client. I have fixed a lot of the issues for the client and made it 'download-ready' (by fixing hard coded values, recoding cache handler, etc.). The specific issues I fixed/stuff that I added are listed below.
Original Thread: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
DEMO: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
SoulSplit (Fixed) Client [Desktop]: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
NOTE: You will need to create your own bat file to run the desktop client, all I did was include the java and class files.
SoulSplit (Fixed) Client [Webclient]: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] (new)
NOTE: Use the applet HTML in the "Extra Information" section to use this client.jar.
[Desktop] and [Webclient]
- Cache url changed (live).
- Fixed the cache folder path (easily changeable now).
- Some JAVA IO exceptions cleaned up.
- Client name (easily changeable now - to your specific server title).
- Fixed CacheDownloader and added some new blocks of code that you can uncomment.
- and some other things...
- Can load cache from cache folder in the client directory.
- Multiple parameters upon execution of the jar.
[Desktop Client] Change client IP address and port.
[Webclient] Applet HTML. (new)
- Original client creator.
- Jacob Pollack (Cobo).
Easy fixes, but helps noobs.
Thanks for the release
Going to check it out
You basically did nothing ?
Easy stuff, but still a gj :b
- [Webclient] I have added a compiled webclient that is 'download-ready' for SoulSplit's client. Be sure to use the HTML applet tag in the "Extra Information".
- [Webclient] Made the client accept multiple parameters upon execution (for configurable purposes - ease of renaming/customizing without editing the source).
I have added a (new) tag around all the new content added to the thread since the original post.
I got told this Souce is like 2006 Code.
Should have given the webclient ready folder with java files in it, so people can atleast change the client easily, then just jar&sign themself.
|« [Pre-Release] Project Insanity - Enhanced (v0.8) | OldSchool START. »|
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
|Tags for this Thread|