Sounds like an intriguing concept for the server. I wish you the best of luck accomplishing your goals.
I might check it out.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Currently in beta! We need a few players to help us look for any unknown bugs. Come play on our [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
This was an idea I came up with a while back, although I never did have the motivation to follow through with it till recently. I've been working on this project for a few weeks now. So far, I'm actually really excited about it. It's turned out to be a lot more fun then I had anticipated.
Anyway, here is a quick overview of what the server and objective of the minigame is. Similar to the Minecraft Hunger Games(that I love and was inspired by), the Runescape Hunger Games is a survival/pvp based minigame in a 317 environment(No godswords, no darkbows, and nothing after the 450s). The goal is simple; win. There's different maps of which you'll find yourself spawning in around a center point with chests. These chests provide different equipment and items that you can use to win.
- Chests will also spawn randomly around the map, when clicked on, will spawn items beneath you instantly and visible to all. Chests cannot be reopened and with there only being 50 - 80 per game, it'll make it tough for players to acquire full sets of gear. Although, there's a timer for when chests will reload new items about half way into the match. Items from chests like barrows can be fixed with a hammer on an anvil.
- This isn't just your average pvp minigame(like CW, or Fight pits). Players will get the option to choose a kit while in the waiting lobby, most of which are very unique and beneficial to your survive. Some kits include: Flash(Teleports you anywhere you click, on screen or minimap, instantly and has a cooldown.), Blizzard(Has a chance to freeze your opponent with a damage-less ice barrage.), Jumper(Allows you to place a portal down, later of which you can teleport back to), Forsaken(Spawns you outside of the starting circle), Perished(Respawns you if you die, but only once, and on the same spot you die. In a way it's kind of like a super redemption except it only works if your hp hits 0), and a lot more which I won't bother listing. Kits can be unlocked with experience or bought.
- Like the real Hunger Games from the book/movie players will be hurt if they try to leave the area. Also, if the timer hits 0, players will teleport to a death match area. In this death match area only one player can win. If no one wins within the final timer, then the match will forcefully end and no one wins.
- Players in any of the waiting lobbies can spectate the on going match. This is perfect spectating, players become invisible on the main game window and the minimap. Their names will also be switched to "Spectator" to keep them anonymous.
- Additional features and random things that have been done include: clipped following/attacking, great improvement of server stability, and small improvements on an already really accurate combat formula.
There's a lot more that I could list, but I'd rather just keep it simple and secret till the actual release(should be in the next week or two). My goal wasn't to make this exactly like the real Hunger Games, but instead to make it unique and fun in its own way. Runescape is its own game, and simply trying to copy the actually Hunger Games is silly. Anyway, I'm looking for some feedback and any ideas people might have. Here are some images of some of the basic features that are complete. Thanks.
Spoiler for Pictures:
looks very nice, I would play this. Goodluck! However what would give players incentive to keep playing? There would be no economy right?
I'll play it for sure.
An amazing idea, I can't believe nobody had thought of this before. I'd play when I'm bored!
|« Ωrigin - Simplicity Must Be The Final Result | Asgarnia - Exciting Nostalgic Experience - Amazing Content! Flawless Combat! <3 »|
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)